Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011
Kaspersky Anti-Virus is a comprehensive antivirus solution with real-time protection from a number of threats, including viruses, Trojans, bots, worms, and even spyware. The software is more than adequately equipped for comprehensive security, and has some great new features this year to help you combat new threats.
Kaspersky Labs has made quite a name for themselves in the security software field, and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 continues to validate their reputation. This antivirus software solution is positively one of the most effective available.
Kaspersky also offers a 10-user license option for up to two years, so it’s really a very economical way to protect all of your home computers
In this Kaspersky Antivirus 2011 review, we’ll see how the new program will help users in protecting their computer from malware. Windows Gadget by KAV 2011Below are the available features in the program:
* Real-time protection – Kaspersky (KAV) 2011 will monitor the computer for malicious activity to prevent viruses, spyware, Trojans, rootkits, adware, worms, and other types of malware infections.
* Disinfection – Detected infections are easily removed.
* Proactive Defense – In addition to signature-based detection, KAV 2011 provides detection of malware that has similar behaviors of known malware.
* System Watcher – A new feature in Kaspersky AV is that it will monitor application activities to allow roll-back changes from malicious actions.
* Windows Gadget – Users of Windows Sidebar for Vista and Gadget in Windows 7 will now see Kaspersky Windows Gadget, an easy access to the antivirus settings or reports.
* Mail and Web Antivirus – KAV 2011 will monitor incoming and outgoing messages for viruses. It will also monitor the browsing activity for malicious content.
* IM Antivirus and Anti-Phishing – Fraud and instant messenger protections are also included in Kaspersky AV 2011.
* Virtual Keyboard – A tool to prevent keyloggers to intercept entered keys via keyboard.
* Privacy Cleaner – Clears IE history, cookies, logs, prefetch, and other data.
* Vulnerability scanner – An option to scan installed applications for vulnerabilities.
* Rescue Disk – An option to create a bootable CD or USB flash drive with tools to detect and remove malware.UI of Kaspersky AV 2011
* Automatic or Manual Updates – Kaspersky AV 2011 automatically updates its signature detection. Users may also install the updates manually.
* Quarantine and Exclusions – Detected or deleted threats are backed-up in the Quarantine Manager with the option to restore or clear from the system. There is also exclusion list, if you do not want the program to scan other partitions or folders.
* Scanning – Full, Critical and Context menu scans are also available in KAV 2011.
* Scheduler – An option to schedule an update or system scan.
Kaspersky Antivirus 2011 does not include anti-spam, anti-banner, parental control, password manager, backup, home network security or PC security tune-up. The said features are only available in Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky PURE.
The detection of Kaspersky Antivirus 2011 is above average for it provides 97% of protection against Internet and PC threats. At less than £30 for single a PC that includes a one-year of subscription, Kaspersky AV 2011 is highly recommended.